Focus and Scope
Mexican Journal of Medical Research ICSA is an Open Access online journal of the Área Académica de Medicina, Instituto de Ciencias de la Salud (ICSa) at the Universidad Autónoma del Estado de Hidalgo. The journal publishes one number each semester, in the months of January and July (two numbers annually).
The objective of the journal is to publish all the latest important developments in health sciences in the areas of experimental, clinical and epidemiological research. The journal covers a very wide range of different disciplines:
- Laws and Regulations
- Sport Sciences
- Computer Systems
- Among others
About the audience. Mexican Journal of Medical Research ICSA is a resource that offers to all readers from the health sciences (basic and clinical researchers, clinician and non-clinician people, and to all health sciences students) access to up-to-date information on the different disciplines related. As an open access journal, all readers have unrestricted access to all the publications.
Mexican Journal of Medical Research ICSA uses double-blind peer-review to publish original research articles, review articles, and clinical cases in all areas of health research. The Mexican Journal of Medical Research ICSA publishes only original articles and these manuscripts must not have been published previously. The journal welcomes submission from researchers at all levels of health sciences and from all over the world. All the manuscripts are published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode). As an author, you have certain rights; the journal offers free PDFs and a liberal copyright policy. Currently, no payment is requested to the authors to publish their manuscripts in the journal. Manuscripts must be written in English.
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
|Open Submissions||Indexed||Peer Reviewed|
Peer Review Process
Mexican Journal of Medical Research ICSA has an eminent editorial board group of 15 members, all of whom are recognized experts in their field. Double-blind peer review is the critical assessment of manuscripts submitted to our journal by experts who are not part of the editorial staff. All papers submitted to the Mexican Journal of Medical Research ICSA are subject to an initial review by the Editor and an expert researcher of the editorial committee. After that, the paper is sent to be peer-reviewed by outside independent reviewers under the following criteria:
|REVIEWER 1||REVIEWER 2||RESOLUTION|
|Positive||Negative||Sending the article to reviewer 3, whose decision will be final and unappealable|
|Positive||Conditioned||The corrected article returns to the editor, who accepts or rejects the publication (2nd round)|
After Acceptance. Manuscript accepted for publication are typeset and proofs are dispatched to authors for any corrections prior to final publication. The authors must check the proofs and return these within 48 hours.
Mexican Journal of Medical Research ICSA is published two times per year in the months of January and July.
Open Access Policy
Mexican Journal of Medical Research ICSA allowances open access to its content, based on the principle that offering the public free access to research helps to further global knowledge exchange, so it does not charge users for consulting its articles or the authors to publish their manuscripts.
The journal has a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) license, which allows the user to copy and distribute the material in any medium or format, under the following terms:
- Attribution: properly recognize the authorship of the journal, indicating the source.
- Non-Commercial: you cannot use the material for commercial purposes.
- No Derivatives: you cannot distribute the material if it has been modified or altered.
- Originality and plagiarism: The authors should guarantee that all manuscripts submitted to Mexican Journal of Medical Research ICSA are original and unpublished. Besides, the authors confirm the veracity of the data, i.e., that the empirical data have not been altered to validate the hypothesis.
- Authorship: Authors guarantee that the manuscript belongs to people who sign it. The condition of the author implies active participation in the realization of the presented article, in writing text and in revisions of the same one. At the same time, authors have been organized hierarchically according to their level of responsibility and their respective roles.
- Conflict of interest and disclosure: All authors must declare that there are no conflicts of interest that may have influenced the results, and authors must also indicate information about research funding and/or the project from which the article arises.
- Responsibility: The responsibility for the content of the articles published in Mexican Journal of Medical Research ICSA is exclusive to the authors. The authors also undertake to make a review of the most current and relevant scientific literature of the topic analyzed.
- Attributions, citations, and references: The author must always provide the correct indication of the sources and contributions mentioned in the article.
- Contribution to the editorial decision: Peer-review is a procedure that helps editors make decisions about the proposed articles and also allows the author to improve the quality of the articles submitted for publication. The reviewers assume the commitment to carry out a critical, honest, and constructive review of both the scientific quality and the literary quality of the writing in the field of their knowledge and skills.
- Respect for review times: Reviewer who does not feel competent in the subject to be reviewed or who cannot finish the evaluation at the scheduled time, must immediately notify the editors. The reviewers undertake to evaluate the works in the shortest possible time to respect the deadlines, given that in Mexican Journal of Medical Research ICSA the custody limits of the manuscripts are limited and inflexible due to respect for the authors and their works.
- Confidentiality: Each assigned manuscript must be considered confidential. Therefore, these texts should not be discussed with other people without the express consent of the editors.
- Objectivity: Reviewers are required to give sufficient reasons for each of their assessments, presenting a complete critical report with appropriate references; especially if it is proposed that the manuscript be rejected. They are required to warn editors if substantial parts of the manuscript have already been published or are under review for another publication.
- Anonymity: To ensure that the review process is as objective, impartial and transparent as possible, the authors' identity is deleted before the manuscript is submitted for peer-review. If it is the case that the identity of the authors, their institutional affiliations or any other data that expose the anonymity of the manuscript has been compromised, the reviewer must immediately notify the editors.
- Publication decision: Editors will guarantee the selection of the most qualified reviewers and scientists scientifically to issue a critical and expert appreciation of the manuscript, with the least possible prejudice. Mexican Journal of Medical Research ICSA decides to select at least 2 external reviewers for each manuscript to guarantee objectivity in the review process.
- Honesty: Editors evaluate the articles submitted for publication based on the scientific quality of the contents, without distinction of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, nationality, political opinion of the authors.
- Confidentiality: Editors and Editorial Committee undertake themselves to the confidentiality of the manuscripts, authors, and reviewers so that anonymity preserves the intellectual integrity of the entire process.
- Conflict of interests and disclosure: Editors agree not to use the contents of the articles submitted for publication in their investigations without the signed authorization of the author.
- Respect of times: Editors are maximum responsible for the accomplishment of the time limits for the revisions and the publication of the accepted manuscripts, to guarantee a fast diffusion of results.
Mexican Journal of Medical Research ICSA adheres to COPE's Core Practices (http://www.publicationethics.org).
Mexican Journal of Medical Research ICSA is indexed at: